Marvin, Kade and I went to Montana over the 24th weekend so that we could meet his family. Marvin had a job up in Pocotello that week so Wednesday night Kade and I drove up there and just stayed there so we could get up early and start are drive. Kade got to go swimming with Kyle (Marvin's boss' son)Thursday morning we got up and started our drive to Corvalis where he is from. We got there around 1. It was so nice meeting his mom, dad and sisters. They were really nice. Around 5 we left and were off to Missoula which is only an hour north from there to go stay with his brother, sister in law and nephew. We went to dinner there and headed to this park where they have a band, food venues and kyacking. It was a lot of fun and Kade had a blast playing with Ian and watching the kyack compition. We woke up Friday morning and we were off to Glacier. We got up there and we headed into the park. It was beautiful and Kade had fun swimming in Lake McDonald even when I told him not to get wet. We decided it was time to head back to meet his brother, sister in law and nephew for miniture golf and dinner. The cabin we stayed in was awesome. We had fun that night just hanging out talking late. Saturday we woke up and headed back to the park. We seperated from them and went up Going to the Sun Road and for a hike. Can I tell you how scary that road is. There is mountain on one side and a cliff on the other and this road should be one lane NOT two. The hike was fun and when we were on our way down we ran into a mean looking beaver. Me and Kade freaked out and Marvin was trying to get the camera out but the mean beaver took off before we had a chance to snap a picture of him. We headed back down and before we left to head back we decided to go to Bear World where your car is your cage so Kade could see some bears. It was really cool how close we were, way better then the zoo! Now it was time to start heading back to Salt Lake. We stopped back in Hunnington to sleep then on Sunday it was our 8 1/2 hour drive back. We drove 28 hours in 4 days with a 5 year old. Kade did awesome and we rewarded him with a few new toys.
(So there is a big gap, don't know what I did and don't know how to fix it)
|
|
4 comments:
I found you on Maria's blog. It's been a long time and I wanted to say hello. You and your son are beautiful! I am so glad to see you are doing so wonderful and your trip looks like it was a ton of fun.
Hi Heather and Kade!
I am so glad you got to go see all of those fun places. When we went to Canada, we traveled that route and we loved Missoula and Glacier National Park. Going to the Sun road is SO scary but it is hard to explain it unless you have been there. Glacier is also so pretty and the pictures just don't do it justice. We have taken the boys to Yellowstone Bear World 3 times and we always enjoyed it as much as them. I am glad you have been able to visit some of our favorite places!
We miss you guys!
It looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
Those pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you had such a good time. Have fun working!! Ha ha. Just Kidding I miss you guys.
Way cute pics! And it looks like you guys had a great time! But I have one word for ya..slideshow! Do you want me to show you how to do it? Silly girl.
Post a Comment